Rules of HUGELOL
HUGELOL is a fun place where anyone is welcome to discover funny images and have their spirits lifted. We want to keep that good thing going, so we have created this ruleset to help guide the content on HUGELOL. We're hanging out at the best party on the Internet, and it's up to all of us to keep the party awesome. If you see a post or comment that breaks the rules, we welcome you to report it to the HUGELOL moderators.
If content breaks these community rules, it may be removed and the original poster will be temporarely suspended. If a user accumulates multiple suspensions, this may lead to a permanent ban.
These rules apply to all community aspects on HUGELOL and all parts of a post, comment, message or user profile.
1. Only submit funny content.
The main goal of HUGELOL is to spread laughter and happiness. Thus a post must, at least, attempt to be funny.
Note that not everyone finds the same things funny as you do. Therefore, please respect those who try and submit content.
If you don't find it funny, downvote it, and move on. Don't come to HUGELOL to complain.
2. No nudity or sexually explicit content.
HUGELOL welcomes a diverse audience. We don't want to create a bad experience for someone that might stumble across explicit images, so some lascivious or sexualized posts are not allowed. This may include content containing:
- the gratuitous or explicit display of breasts, butts, and sexual organs intended to stimulate erotic feelings
- full or partial nudity
- any depiction of sexual activity, explicit or implied
- any image taken of or from someone without their knowledge or consent for the purpose of sexualization
Content that might be taken down may includes: see-thru clothing, exposed or clearly defined genitalia, some images of female nipples/areolas, butts in thongs, close-ups, upskirts, strip teases, cam shows, semen, linking to sexually explicit content. Sexually explicit comments that don't include images may also be removed.
3. No hate speech, abuse, or harassment.
HUGELOL is open to anyone, so we take down hate speech and abusive content when we see it. This may include content containing:
- attacks on people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or medical condition
- glorification or endorsement of hateful content or ideologies
- harassment in the forms of witch hunting, repetitive unwanted or obsessive attention, aggressive intimidation, suicide requests or threats
- content that attacks, bullies, or harrasses non-public people
- any image taken of or from someone without their knowledge or consent for the purpose of harassment or abuse
Posts that might be taken down may include: racial slurs, hate-based threats, hate speech, glorification of abuse, malicious personal attacks on non-public individuals, content, discrimination of a group especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
It's important to keep in mind that not everything that's mean or insulting is hate speech. That said, the line between unintentional and serious attacks is sometimes difficult to identify, so we're likely to err on the side of taking something down.
4. No content that condones illegal or violent activity.
Content depicting or advocating illegal activity or violence will not be tolerated. This may include content containing:
- child abuse and exploitation
- rape and domestic abuse
- fraudulent or deceptive content
- false impersonation
- graphic violence or death
You may not post content that is intended to incite others to commit violence, mocks victims of violence, or includes a direct and specific threat of violence to others.
5. No gore or mutilation.
Gore may include the depiction of vivid and realistic acts of violence and brutality. Don't post gore just to be shocking. Don't showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals, or their remains.
6. No posting personal information.
To protect the safety of private individuals, we don't allow anything that reveals other people's personally identifiable information. This includes, but is not limited to, phone numbers, home addresses, employment information, email addresses, full names with photos, and personal social media accounts of non-public figures without the consent of the original party.
7. No Spam.
We value authentic and interesting content, so we do not welcome clickbait, affiliate linking, spoilers for the purpose of trolling, rapid-fire posting, scripts or bots, or anything else that someone might consider spammy. Self-promotion on HUGELOL is okay, but spamming is not.
8. No posts that violate HUGELOL's terms of service.
9. Provocative or suggestive posts should be marked as "mature".
Mature content may include suggestive or provocative jokes, stories, and images; mild violence, injuries or blood; scantily-clad women or men; any content intended for a mature audience.
Still no sexually explicit content, or hate speech, even if it's marked as mature (please see the rules above).
Please respect the HUGELOL community by marking mature content as such on the post's options. Mature content not marked as such will be recategorized when reported, but no account suspensions are issued.
10. Additional special cases not covered by the rules above.
The following are special cases which may not be covered by other rules, however, they also apply to the same extent.
- The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
- You will not post or request invasions ("raids").
- Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban.
- Complaining about HUGELOL (its policies, moderation, etc) may result in post deletion and a ban.
- Evading your ban will result in a permanent one. Instead, wait and appeal it.
- No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.
- You are allowed to have multiple accounts, however, do not use other accounts to evade bans or upvote/downvote the same content in order to manipulate the votes.
- Remember: The use of HUGELOL is a privilege, not a right. The HUGELOL moderation team reserves the right to revoke access and remove content for any reason without notice.
If you aren't sure if your post fits the rules, please don't post it. Just because you've seen a rule-breaking image posted somewhere else on HUGELOL doesn't mean it's okay for you to repost it.