Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 5 points ·
It was 2018

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 1 points ·
Petit bourgeios is what socialists call those wealthy workers who don't give a fck about socialism.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 4 points ·
well they didn't mechanise the process of annihilating people as the Germans did.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 1 points ·
Is this point modified if instead of "empire" we use a less sensational word, like "cultural sphere",or "place where American culture was/is fashionable"? In the 80s we had commies ruling the country, but plenty of people who were not bootlickers fancied US culture, and tried to emulate it at the time. US imperialism was hardly the reason for that. After 1989 this trend went on, without any imperial or colonial (or whatever scary word we want to use) pressure.

Today it is cringe to idolize US culture, but it remained with us as a result of their victory in the Cold War economically and culturally. Culture is path dependent.

To call this phenomenon colonisation is a stretch so wide that not even the most hardcore gay porn sites have seen the like.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 4 points ·
VeryTallBart on Youtube, check it out it is one of the best contemporary YTP channels.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 2 points ·
I didn't mean to step on schizo theory territory (STT), I just wanted to establish empirically that the experience and stereotype where I live is still that British English is more sophisticated.

What you write here is really about what YOU think about the sense of the word "sophisticated" in this context, and you seem to say that this is only an apparent sophistication and really belongs to some decadent libtard academic detached (insert buzzwords here) elitism that originates from US elitism. But it is not a refutation of the fact that this is how the countries in blue see the two dialects.

I may agree with you in this, or may not. What I said was that the word around here is always that british english is more sophisticated. How much more? In what sense? What are the origins of it? I did not write about any of that.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 8 points ·
Aren't rockets supposed to be launched from as close to the equator as possible? I'M not sure about the physics of it but I remember (possibly from KSP) that that is the easiest way to get into a stable orbit.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 4 points ·
I'm a continental European and still think that British is the more civilised accent, despite American cultural effect. So I can't really confirm.

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 1 points ·
By Azura by Azura by Azura!!!

Nazgul · Commenter of the Month · 2 points · *
I think only young people today complain about breaking the unions. Anyone who remembers the winter of 1978/1979 was fed up with the unions who plunged the country into chaos because they wanted a pay raise.

The only reason Thatcher is thated is that everyone forgot about how bad the preceding Labour governments were.


Nazgul
Sic semper tyrannis.
Statistics

Joined 11 years ago (2015-05-10 02:23:51).
Has 25,708 Karma.
Created 29 posts.
Wrote 5,045 comments.

Achievements Info

7-Year Club 16.07.2025

Commenter of the Month x2 31.03.2025

6-Year Club 15.10.2022

Hardcore Commenter 04.09.2022

5-Year Club 08.05.2020

4-Year Club 09.05.2019

3-Year Club 09.05.2018

Silver Club 27.10.2020

Commenter of the Day x11 29.12.2018

Commenter 04.12.2018

2-Year Club 09.05.2017

Bronze Club 10.07.2018

Casual Commenter 15.08.2017

1-Year Club 17.02.2017

Verified 15.02.2017
:(