Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 5 points ·


Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 10 points ·


Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 18 points ·
F

Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 7 points ·
Depends on the lamp and the country your in. As the voltage coming out of an average socket in Japan is around 100 V and the battery that is used looks like a 9 V battery, the current generate by the internal resistance of the lamp should be around a factor 11 higher when connected to socket instead of the battery. Therefore, the power in the lamp (light and heat) should also be around a factor 11 higher. If the lamp is made in such a way that it is able to handle such a high power, there shouldn't be aproblem except burning your eyes out with light. However, this is probably not the case and thus the result that I expect is several degrees on the scale of kaput.

Lastly, the wiring is probably not made for such high powers and as a result they will melt/catch fire/burn your fingers.

Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 7 points ·


Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 16 points ·
Dudder's face when he notices that his 60 upvotes comment was posted too early to give him an new Commenter of the Day achievement.

Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 3 points ·


Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 20 points ·
AND GOT SO FAR

Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 2 points ·
And cats?

Monkeymarkiak · 6-Year Club · 7 points ·
I hadn't even realised that it wasn't Brainyrs.


:(